Our Chicken Mayo
Toasted Sandwich Recipe
It’s no secret that our Chicken Mayo Tasted Sandwich is an all-time favourite among South Africans. So here’s a secret really worth holding onto: The recipe for making your own M&B Chicken Mayo Toasted Sandwich! It’s perfect for packing up as a road-trip snack, especially if you’re coming along for the ride on our #MuggHeritageRoadTrip.
Now, we can’t give away all our secrets. There are some special ingredients and mixing ratios we’ve omitted, so feel free to add your own spin on this classic recipe. Tweet us on @Mugg_and_Bean and share your special additions.
- Your favourite bread
- Shredded roasted chicken breasts (you can also add thigh meat for more flavour)
- Lettuce (we like Iceberg the best)
- Salt & pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded roast chicken with a generous dollop of mayo
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Butter the bread on one side for each slice
- Place a generous scoop of chicken mayo mix on the unbuttered side of the bread
- Close the sandwich with the buttered sides on the outside
- Gently toast the sandwich in a flat-bed toaster. Be careful not to push down too hard otherwise the chicken mayo may come out of the sandwich
- After toasting, open the sandwich up again and add some Iceberg lettuce for a more fresh tasting sandwich
- Allow the sandwiches to cool completely before you store in wax wrap or tinfoil until you’re ready to tuck in
If you don’t have a flat-bed toaster, don’t worry! Our Chicken Mayo toasted sandwich is just as tasty on fresh bread. Just make sure you butter the insides if you’re not toasting it. Of course, you can always pop into a M&B On-The-Move along the way and pick up ours.
Don’t forget to tag @mugg_and_bean in your photos so we can see what you’re getting up to.