What would a road trip be without some padkos? Out there on the long road, you have to keep your tank full, as well as the tanks of any other passengers. We know that the best way to get full and stay full is with a generously filled sandwich. Say goodbye to the cries of 'but I’m hungry!' from the back seat with our moreish Classic Club Sandwich recipe.
- A loaf of your favourite bread
- Fresh lettuce
- Sliced tomato
- Crispy cooked bacon
- Roasted chicken
- Salt & pepper
- Generously butter the slices of bread
- Slather on some mayo
- Stack the lettuce, tomato, bacon and chicken in layers. Top tip: Start with the lettuce so that your bread doesn’t get too soggy
- Add a bit of salt and pepper to taste
- Pop it into the oven/snackwich to be toasted
- Store in wax wrap or tinfoil until you’re ready to tuck in
Of course, if you’re in a rush and there’s no time to make sandwiches, you can always make a pit stop at a Mugg & Bean sit-down restaurant or On-The-Move along the way.
Don’t forget to tag @mugg_and_bean in your photos so we can see what you’re getting up to.