How to Make
a Peppermint Crisp Tart
We’re sharing our special recipe for this favourite South African dessert.
Every South African has had a Peppermint Crisp Tart at some point in their lives. It’s just one of those things that unites our diverse nation! Everybody seems to have their own spin on this holiday dessert, so we thought we’d settle the debate by giving you the most generous Peppermint Crisp Tart recipe in the land.
Here’s an extra tip from our Master Bakers: Company in the kitchen is always welcome; get the whole family involved and turn baking into a fun festive activity.
Peppermint Crisp Tart Ingredients
- 2x tins of Caramel Treat
- 400ml cream
- 2.5 packets of Tennis Biscuits
- 2 Peppermint Crisp chocolate bars
- 100g pecan nuts
- 400g butter
- 20g gelatine
- Glacé cherries for garnish
- Mix the Tennis Biscuits together with melted butter in a beater until the mix starts to resemble a paste
- Line the base and sides of a pie tin with the biscuit base
- Lightly whip your Caramel Treat and cream and then combine them in a bowl
- Add pecan nuts and broken pieces from about 1.5 Peppermint Crisp chocolate bars (keep some for garnish!) to the mixture and combine well
- Melt the gelatine in boiling water and stir into the mixture
- Place the mixture into the lined pie tin
- Place in the fridge to set overnight
- Garnish with the remaining Peppermint Crisp, add glacé cherries and maybe even some piped cream if you’re feeling extra generous
How did your Peppermint Crisp Tart turn out?
Was it a festive flavour explosion? Did it look almost too good to eat? We want to see! Upload a photo of your tart to your social media and tag @mugg_and_bean. We may even feature your photos on our Stories.
Now you’re well on your way to being the Master Baker at home! Don’t forget to tag @mugg_and_bean in your baking photos, so we can see what you’re getting up to.