We’ve been a proud supporter of Cupcakes of Hope, a registered NPO, since 2012. Every year we help raise funds and awareness for their worthy cause. In 2020, the national lockdown has meant we’ve had to do things slightly differently – our website has become a portal to donate and help kids and families affected by childhood cancer.
Your donations will give them more family memories, more medical attention and more time just to be a child. In honour of this special partnership, here’s our Pink Lemonade Frosting recipe.
- 250g room temperature butter
- 600g icing sugar
- 200g cream cheese
- 1 tsp (5ml) pink food colouring
- 1 tbsp (15ml) lemon juice concentrate
Our Pink Lemonade Frosting is delicious on its own, but we recommend using it on a batch of cupcakes. Use your favourite vanilla cupcake or cake recipe as a base.
- Cream the room temperature butter with an electric mixer until smooth
- Slowly add the icing sugar to the creamed butter while mixing
- Add the cream cheese and continue mixing
- Add the pink food colouring. Make sure you do it carefully to get the desired pink colour
- Mix lemon juice concentrate with a pinch of icing sugar to counteract the acidity and add it to the frosting mixture
- Place in a piping bag and get creative with the decorations
Share yours to raise awareness
If you’d like to help raise awareness for Cupcakes of Hope, you can make this recipe at home and post a photo of your cupcakes or cake on social media with #DoItForMore and #CupcakesOfHope and don’t forget to tag @mugg_and_bean too!